Today on Mastering Midlife:
● The tragedy that set her on her life's journey.
● How she dealt with her fears and helplessness.
● Moving on from her lowest point and using it as a platform for success.
● Traveling on her own and how it changed her for the better.
● European culture vs American culture when it comes to traveling and dining.
● Satisfying her personal needs without the need of a partner.
Katherine joins me today to share the event that changed her perception of life forever. She describes what it was like to recover from such a tragedy and how she made sense of the confusion she was left with. She shares the strategies she used to help her cope with fear and helplessness. She also explains how she found a stronger version of herself along her travels.
“I wanted to step out as a new woman with a whole new series of possibilities in front of me.” - Katherine Webster
Katherine Webster is an artist, designer, creative optimist, and a fear survivor. She is also the author of the book Madam Widow, where she writes about her struggles with an unexpected tragedy and the lessons she learned along her path to independence. Katherine has recently completed her second book, which is due to be released in 2020.
Katherine Webster’s Words of Wisdom:
● Living alone can help you realize how ‘in control’ you are.
● When you're in a partnership, make sure you have life insurance.
● There’s nothing wrong with dining or traveling alone.
Connect with Katherine Webster:
● Book: Becoming Madam Widow
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.