Today on Mastering Midlife:
● What Karen means when she talks about reinventing aging.
● When midlife really hits you and why it's not about age.
● The questions people ask themselves during their midlife years.
● Why she decided to leave her previous career and her exit plan.
● The challenges that stop people from reinventing themselves.
● The people she’s helped and some of their stories.
● Networking and how it helps you find new options in life.
● How longevity factors into how you should view your future.
Karen joins me to share what it means to reinvent one’s self during their midlife years. She explains the concept of ageless aging and why midlife doesn’t always happen when you’re forty. She describes how you can expand your network and career opportunities past forty. Karen also shares why reinvention can happen at any age.
“The thing about midlife and reinvention is it's no different than when we were going from childhood to adolescent or adolescent to adulthood.” - Karen Sands
Karen Sands is a certified Master and Mentor Coach, speaker, and author of multiple books including Visionaries Have Wrinkles and The Ageless Way. She describes herself as a GeroFuturist, a term she defines as someone who recognizes that old age doesn’t have to mean you’re deprived of opportunities. She believes that with modern medical science paving the way for longer life expectancies, people now have more to look forward beyond retirement.
Karen Sand’s Words of Wisdom:
● Not everybody is really going to reinvent themselves, but the majority of us have that coming towards us, and we need to reach out for it.
● Reinvention is not just for people in midlife.
● Fear is the number one reason people refuse to reinvent themselves.
Connect with Karen Sands:
● Email: Karen@KarenSands.com
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.