Today on Mastering Midlife:
● The beliefs, the conditioning, the tools we developed, that worked when we were young, are brought into adult life, and don’t work anymore.
● We look for evidence to reinforce those beliefs.
● Please follow @weratedogs and @ipetthatdog on Twitter!!!
● We have an experience, we add emotion, maybe physical trauma, and it becomes a belief that runs us for the rest of our lives.
● If you’re not making sales, or your procrastinating, or your reactions are disproportionate, get out a pen and paper and explore where that might be coming from.
● Bringing these things out into the open helps you deal with reality, not the perception of reality.
Childhood trauma’s still run us. Big or small, the experiences we had and the decisions we made from them, inform everything we think and do today. These beliefs and tools we learned in childhood, that worked then, no longer work today.
“We can’t change our story till we know our story.” – Mark J. Silverman
Be Part of the Show – Ask Mark Anything
Do you have a question for Mark or one of his guests? A suggestion? Your own tip for thriving in this time of career and life? Please, share with us. Go to my podcast page www.markjsilverman.com/podcast and press the BIG ORANGE BUTTON. Episode 100 is coming up and we are going to dedicate that show to our listeners. Who knows, it may become a regular thing. Go now… I want to hear from you.
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has helped me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Sign up for the Only 10’s free course today!
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.