Today on Mastering Midlife:
● In 2018 Brandon started to wonder, “is this what I want to continue to do?”
● The real estate industry started to need to evolve, Brandon’s company needed to, as well.
● How boredom, not something he usually experiences, moved him to question everything.
● Step One, take stock of your resources, people and experiences.
● Step Two, look for examples of people who have gone before.
● Step Three, what are the non-negotiables that must be honored?
● Step Four, find neutral (the white space), to allow what’s next to become clear.
● Everything needs to be on the table, this is a courageous and personal journey
● You do not need to leave it all behind, you can evolve and bring your experience and your community along.
● Make sure you stay connected to your community of support.
Brandon joins us today to share his journey. We will touch on his incredible history of success, but today’s focus is on growth, evolution, and the need to create something new. Brandon didn’t need to change, everything was going incredibly well, but, when that internal whisper got his attention, he didn’t fight it or run from it. He embraced it, though scary, and explored what it might mean. What he found is an iterative path that savors what was, and moves us to what could be.
“How we were doing business and how we were successful in the past, wasn’t how we were going to be successful in the future.” – Brandon Green
In 2006, Brandon Green co-founded the Keller Williams Capital Properties real estate organization and together with his partners built it into a regional network of 8 offices and $2 billion in annual sales in a little more than a decade. Nationally recognized for business growth and achievement, he dealt with countless stakeholders and managed a wide diversity of people in an industry that is undergoing massive structural and economic change. Brandon believes impact-focused businesses make the world better and in addition to investing, he delivers keynote presentations, interviews thought leaders, moderates panel conversations and events, and works with key executives from organizations around the world to achieve clarity and grow their businesses.
Connect with Brandon Green:
Be Part of the Show - Ask Mark Anything
Do you have a question for Mark or one of his guests? A suggestion? Your own tip for thriving in this time of career and life? Please, share with us. Go to my podcast page www.markjsilverman.com/podcast and press the BIG ORANGE BUTTON. Episode 100 is coming up and we are going to dedicate that show to our listeners. Who knows, it may become a regular thing. Go now...I want to hear from you.
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has helped me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Sign up for the Only 10’s free course today!
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.