Today on Mastering Midlife:
● How Nadine’s weight loss journey began.
● How her childhood experiences impacted her self-esteem and self-acceptance as an adult.
● How her feelings of self-loathing and low self-esteem impacted the way she raised her children.
● Why Nadine believed her weight was holding her back from authentically expressing herself.
● The moment she realized she was truly obese and how she finally began accepting herself.
● How accepting and loving herself led to finally losing weight.
● The difference between deprivation and self-control.
● The importance of forgiving yourself for not achieving your weight loss goals.
● Why she is thankful for all of the weight, setbacks, and negative experiences she’s had throughout her life.
Nadine joins me today to share her weight loss journey and the moment she realized she was obese. She shares how her family impacted her self-esteem, self-worth, and self-acceptance. She shares how her deep negative feelings about her body and weight impacted the way she raised her children and why she believed her weight held her back from authentically expressing herself. She also shares how finally accepting and loving herself and her body eventually led to losing the weight she desired.
“It’s all in the mind. It’s all in how you choose to look at it.” - Nadine Larder
Nadine Larder is an artist, public speaker, and the founder and CEO of Printer Bees, an online printing and full-service marketing company. She is the author of The Secrets I Share With My Friends, a book aimed at helping entrepreneurs find direction and build lucrative businesses. As a mother of five children, she describes parenthood as one of life’s greatest teachers and one of the best and most rewarding aspects of her life.
Titus Kahouten and Katie McKenna’s Words of Wisdom:
● Dropping into the present moment with the sensations is the first step.
● If we’re practicing nourishment, our body responds with more energy and vitality.
Nadine Larder’s Words of Wisdom:
● Loving yourself because of your flaws and not in spite of them is the key to health and wellness.
Connect with Nadine Larder:
Be Part of the Show - Ask Mark Anything
Do you have a question for Mark or one of his guests? A suggestion? Your own tip for thriving in this time of career and life? Please, share with us. Go to my podcast page www.markjsilverman.com/podcast and press the BIG ORANGE BUTTON. Episode 100 is coming up and we are going to dedicate that show to our listeners. Who knows, it may become a regular thing. Go now...I want to hear from you.
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has helped me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Sign up for the Only 10’s free course today!
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.