Today on Mastering Midlife:
● Self-Honesty is not something our egos want.
● Self-Honesty is a practice, you need tools to cultivate it.
● Tool One – Contemplation – Slow down, get introspective.
● Tool Two – Meditation – One minute, two… but get to know the inner voices
● Tool Three – Journaling – It’s hard to lie to yourself on paper
● Tool Four – A Good, Trustworthy Posse’ – who will call you on your &%#$ ?
How do you know you’re making the best choices? How do you know if you are being honest with yourself or fooling yourself into another dead end? Self-Honesty is essential to make it through Midlife with more wisdom, more depth and more options. Actually, that is true at any age or stage of the game. But how do we get there when we are so good at hoodwinking ourselves? We want to know which thoughts we can trust, and which we can’t.
“It’s really hard to lie to yourself with paper and pen.” –Mark J. Silverman
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has helped me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Sign up for the Only 10’s free course today!
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.