Today on Mastering Midlife:
● Rachel's story and how she became an entrepreneur.
● How she defines bravery and what people should consider as brave moments.
● The small things in life that can be acts of bravery.
● Why doing what is always comfortable will not make you happy.
● Why shame can be detrimental to achieving happiness.
● How to break the cycle of "aloneness."
● Her experience as someone who didn't have money before.
Rachel joins me today to share her story and how she found life beyond motherhood. She describes what it’s like to be a mom of seven children and how she balanced being a mother and having self-love. She explains her mindset, how she interprets moments of bravery, and why she’s not comfortable with always being comfortable. Rachel also discusses the cycle of “aloneness” and how you can break it.
“The bravest moments are when we alter that little voice in our head that says 'You know what, no.'” - Rachel Martin
Rachel Martin is a full-time blogger at FindingJoy.net as well as a public speaker, podcaster, and marketer. She is an advocate of women empowerment, especially for moms who believe the rest of their lives will revolve around being a mother. She is a featured contributing author for multiple publications such as The Huffington Post, The Today Show, Motherly, Parents Magazine, and What to Expect. Additionally, she is the author of The Brave Art of Motherhood, a book aimed to inspire hope and help mothers overcome self-doubt, fear, and isolation. Her most important job, though, is being the single mom of seven children.
Rachel Martin’s Words of Wisdom:
● Sometimes the thing that scares us could be the very thing that makes us happy.
● It's hard to fight something when you're just living in the dark.
● You don’t have to tolerate life once you know you can do something to change it.
Connect with Rachel
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.