Today on Mastering Midlife:
● Tina talks about the reasons she left the corporate career she enjoyed while at the top of her game.
● What do you do when your child says “you are gone too much?”
● Too many men and women know the drill of packing late at night so the kids won’t see.
● The inner strength it takes to “demote herself 5 levels” to create the life she wanted.
● How Tina “vetted” her husband to decide if they could work together to build a business.
● Where do you get your self-esteem when you are no longer getting awards and public accolades?
● The power of gratitude for the little things in life.
● The power of being “present over perfect.”
I had a really hard time coming up with a title for this conversation. There is no one point being made here. The insight is in the story itself. Tina is that rare combination of the highly competent, high functioning person we all aspire to emulate, and an open, honest and vulnerable woman with an open heart, who shares the gritty behind the scenes. It is exactly this honesty that had me ask her to be on the show. Success comes with a cost. Big changes come with big choices. Take the journey with us from Corporate Powerhouse, to Mom and Wife, to the harrowing escapades of the Entrepreneur’s life and as Tina takes us through those choices, the painful growth moments, and yes, the rewards of living full out. I really can’t pin a title, on this conversation… it’s the story itself that is the insight.
“The airplanes and this glamourous life of always being gone and running from hotel to business, and back home was not conducive to the life of being an ever more present mother.” – Tina Fox
Tina Fox is a champion for women in business.She is an entrepreneur and former management executive with a 24-year track record of effectiveness and identifying opportunities which trigger multimillion-dollar growth, while building divisions within Fortune 100 companies and Silicon Valley start-ups. Today, she is the co-owner of Cobalt Settlements, the founder of Fox Paradigm Consulting and the Nation Chairwoman of Women on Course. The foundation of all this success is her role as a wife and mother which she continues to navigate with grace, style, and yes… a bunch of grit.
● “Present over Perfect,” Shauna Niequist
Connect with Tina Fox:
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.