Today on Mastering Midlife:
● How she figured out the kind of person she truly wants to be.
● Her experience when she had her first child.
● Navigating being a woman, a mother, a leader, and being vulnerable.
● The limiting beliefs she had to let go throughout her journey.
● What it means to work with what we already have instead of what we think we should have.
● The people who helped her get into theater and what it was like.
● What the show "Mulatto Math" is about and the places it's been.
● Her advice to women who may be going through the same journey.
Monique joins me to share her story about finding her inner peace and becoming who she was meant to be. She explains what her mindset was like before embarking on a journey of self-discovery. She describes the feeling of seeing her first child for the first time and the thoughts that ran inside her head. Monique also discusses what it took to get her stage show up and running as well as her plans for the future.
“If you have that 'it's me and the world,' it feels like you're going to be swallowed by the ocean.” - Monique DeBose
Monique DeBose is a playwright, singer, songwriter, and proud mom of two. She produced the theatre show Mulatto Math, an award-winning one-woman show that tells the story of what it’s like to be of mixed race in America. Her play won the ENCORE Producer’s Award in 2018 and her album, The Sovereign One,debuted at #2 on the iTunes Jazz chart. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and underwent training at the Groundlings Comedy Theater.
Monique DeBose’s Words of Wisdom:
● There's got to be something greater than just you and this material world.
● It's all about being okay with the idea that everything has its perfect time and season.
● Never underestimate the benefits of making a list of things to be grateful for.
Connect with Monique DeBose:
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.