Today on Mastering Midlife:
● Devon's story and the moment that changed his life.
● His journey through fatherhood and why he started a program to help first-time fathers.
● Why being promoted was a mistake in his career.
● His inspiration for building a business around the things he loves.
● What “fatherhood is leadership” means.
● His priorities in life that bring him joy.
● Simplifying life with far too many obligations.
● The three things men should always be focused on.
Devon joins me to share where he gets his passion when it comes to helping fathers be more connected with their families. He shares his journey through fatherhood and how his life has changed. He explains some of the myths around fatherhood, why you can be a family man as well as a businessman, and what he means by “fatherhood is leadership.” Devon also discusses how you can simplify a complicated life and why slowing down does not mean losing momentum.
“Many men say yes to so many things that keep them distracted from what they say is the most important things in their life, which is their family and their children.” - Devon Bandison
Devon Bandison is an internationally recognized success coach, TEDx speaker, fatherhood authority, and the author of Fatherhood is Leadership, a book that helps fathers be more engaged with their families while also being successful in their career. He has worked with Fortune 100 companies, professional athletes and sports teams, and top business and life coaches across the globe. He holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. He has been featured in numerous publications including the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Success Magazine.
Devon Bandison’s Words of Wisdom:
● Fatherhood and leadership are the foundation of many men's lives.
● There's no joy to a dad’s life more than spending time with their children.
● High performers think slowing down means to lose their edge.
Connect with Devon Bandison:
● Book: Fatherhood Is Leadership
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.