Today on Mastering Midlife:
● John Cottrell explains why midlife is like a rising level of water.
● How reframing your past experiences can help you cope and move forward.
● The connection between limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors.
● How past experiences impact your confidence, self-esteem, and self-sabotaging behaviors.
● Why it’s often harder to deal with challenges and internal struggles during your midlife years.
● The importance of discussing your past experience with others and how it can help you overcome your internal challenge.
● The exercise he asks clients to do during their sessions to reframe their mindset from negative thoughts to focus on positive attributes.
● The difference between taking responsibility for what you create in your world versus taking the blame and feeling like it’s your fault.
● The connection between your mind, body, and health.
John joins me today to discuss the mindset challenges and limiting beliefs we often face during our midlife years. He explains how the way you perceive your past experiences impact your ability to cope and move forward and why it’s important to discuss your past experiences with others. He also explains the connection between your mind, body, and health and shares a simple strategy you can use to boost your self-confidence and reframe your mindset to overcome limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors.
“Whatever your ‘stuff’ is… it’s not your fault.” - John Cottrell
John Cottrell is a business coach at Actioncoach who specializes in public speaking, executive coaching, behavioral change, and emotional transformation. Actioncoach is a platform that hosts business coaches all over the world to help CEOs and business owners grow their businesses, build better teams, and increase their profits. John has decades of experience in the business sector and has earned recognition for Best Client Results in the UK in 2017 by Smith & Henderson.
John Cottrell’s Words of Wisdom:
● Limiting beliefs are just scratching the surface.
● Shame is a really powerful negative emotion.
Connect with John Cottrell:
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.