Today on Mastering Midlife:
● The pitfalls of parenting teenagers and what to expect when that time comes.
● Common mistakes parents make when their kids become teens.
● An internal "program" embedded within every parent.
● What "see it, feel it, then be it" means.
● Teenage growth, hormones, and brain activation.
● Why everything that happens is not random.
● Going beyond reason and logic when it comes to parenting teens.
Vanessa joins me today to discuss the various topics that come up regarding teens. She shares what parents should expect from their kids and how they can prepare for them. She explains some of the more common behavioral changes in teens and how parents should respond. Vanessa also describes the more physiological aspect of teenage growth and why it’s critical to understand how it affects teens.
“Your teenagers look like young adults, but they really still need you.” - Dr. Vanessa Lapointe
Dr. Vanessa Lapointe is a Registered Psychologist, author, parenting expert, and a mother of two. She has been supporting parents and children for over fifteen years and is widely considered as an expert on all things family related. She is also a regularly invited speaker, media guest, and blogger for various websites such as The Huffington Post and the author of Discipline Without Damage, a book that helps parents raise their children in a way that isn’t detrimental to their personal growth.
Dr. Vanessa Lapointe’s Words of Wisdom:
● You can be divorced and still be a whole family.
● The human brain doesn't fully develop until the mid to late ‘20s.
● For Parents with Teenage Kids on YouTube
Connect with Dr. Vanessa Lapointe:
● Discipline Without Damage book
Get FREE Access to the Only 10’s Course
Are you struggling with knowing what, when, and how to focus your efforts to get things done? As a long-time sufferer of severe ADD, I understand the struggle - and that’s why I created the Only 10’s system. This system has help me and thousands of others clear the clutter and focus their energy on getting the right things done.
The Only 10’s free online course is based on my proven system to help you focus your attention and maintain momentum around your day-to-day life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Mastering Midlife Podcast: How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You with Mark Silverman. If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review.
If you have any questions about this episode please get in touch.